Whether you are a builder-professional or just a housekeeper, you have probably wondered many times: what is more profitable to rent tools or buy them? Of course, there is no unambiguous answer to this question, because each case is different. Let’s see what are the advantages of renting tools:
– No capital investment – when renting does not require a large capital investment. You only have to spend on equipment when specific tasks arise. In the case of equipment rental, you can use your cash for another purpose;
– No maintenance costs – it is not the lessee who thinks about the necessity of maintenance, but the lessor. Therefore, there is no need to spend a lot of time and money on lubrication, purging, spare parts replacement;
– high efficiency – firms that deal with tool rentals calculated long ago that it is more profitable to offer professional brands. Therefore, the tools that are rented out are made by the leading firms in this industry;
– no storage costs – you do not need to think through and calculate options for storage of equipment. The scheme is simple: take the tool, use it, return it;
– it is better to try and then buy – if you have already decided to buy a particular tool, it is better to try it in work first, for example, renting a drill will be a good option. And if you liked the device, then you can buy it;
– Usage term – calculate what is more profitable to buy or rent. For example, how much does it cost to rent a welder or a heavy rotary hammer? And how much does it cost to buy them? Compare and determine the most suitable option.
In any case, the final decision is up to everyone: buy or rent a tool. It is important to remember that in different circumstances, both options may be optimal.